Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, July 7, 2016 – The Planning Department is now taking a strong stand against new homeowners suffering the fate of those currently plagued with problems in the Priton Phase II development in North West Providenciales. In a media statement which came Wednesday evening, Minister Amanda Missick through her Planning Department determined that there were indeed problems with Priton and that there are indeed parts of the development agreement left undone; until those issues are dealt with no more move in certificates are going to be issued. All of this is unfolding as home owners tonight plan another meeting to unite on the situation which has seen cracked walls, popping tiles, leaking walls and ceilings, extreme cases of mold and massive sink holes in the land.It also comes as Magnetic Media learns that one of the two brothers who own Priton, Kurt Soukup is in country and working with his attorneys to wind up the company. Soukup, who is American, is currently in breach of his contract with government according to the Minister’s release and according to former Premier Michael Misick who last week said there were concessions given including discounts and tax breaks on crown land.Here is what Minister Missick explained via media statement last night. I quote: “Priton has obligation to pave all roads, develop a park, install drainage system and install street lights. Approximately 65% of roads have been completed, some street lights have been installed, however the park is not yet developed and the drainage system is not yet completed.”Add to this, we now learn that after the litany of complaints from phase one development, Priton development was supposed to make these changes to their pre-fab home constructions. “Build cistern in each house. Install hurricane shutters on each building. Change the way of connecting the wall panels. To have three (3) supporting connections instead of two (2) connections. Use holding down hurricane straps on the roof rafters instead of hurricane clips. Use pressure treated timber or spray anti – termite substances on the timber used in structures.” While the Planning Department, to residents we spoke to last night sounds tough in their talk of giving no more occupancy certificates, residents say the statement, which Premier Rufus Ewing promised Magnetic Media would come is a cop out. The Minsiter says that a structural engineer was hired to review the situation of the natural hole which opened up after Tropical Storm Cristobal in Azzizi Parker’s yard, but said her home is structurally safe and so they deem her to be okay. This is however being said when the home owners back yard space is almost completely taken up by a hole that Priton Development covered up. Parker and others fear that they are actually living on top of those vertical caves.
SOPA Images Google has made “major changes” to its recommendations system on YouTube that have reduced the amount of “alt-right” videos recommended to users, according to a study led by Nicolas Suzor, an associate professor at Queensland University of Technology.During the first two weeks of February, alt-right videos appeared in YouTube’s “Up Next” recommendations sidebar 7.8 percent of the time (roughly one in 13). From Feb. 15 onward, that number dropped to 0.4 percent (roughly one in 250).Suzor’s study took random samples of 3.6 million videos, and used 81 channels listed on a recent study by Rebecca Lewis as a starting point. That list includes voices like Richard Spencer, an American white supremacist, but also includes more mainstream voices like Joe Rogan, who does not self-identify as alt-right but often plays host to more extremist voices on his podcast (including alt-right figures such as Alex Jones).The drop appears significant, but it’s difficult to figure precisely how that drop occurred. We don’t know if YouTube is targeting ‘alt-right’ videos specifically or if the drop off is part of broader changes to YouTube’s recommendation system.YouTube has long spoken about making changes to recommendations. As early as two weeks ago, YouTube was criticised for allowing the flat-Earth movement to flourish using its platform.In response, YouTube has attempted to curtail what it refers to as false information. YouTube says freedom of speech is central to its core tenets, even when people express controversial beliefs, but has been working to reduce the spread of misinformation on its platform.YouTube has also been investing in surfacing credible voices on its platform. “In the last year alone,” said one recent YouTube blog post, “we’ve made hundreds of changes to improve the quality of recommendations for users on YouTube.”In that same blog post, YouTube said it was planning to reduce “recommendations of borderline content and content that could misinform users in harmful ways — such as videos promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, claiming the Earth is flat, or making blatantly false claims about historic events like 9/11.”YouTube stated it would be a gradual change, and apply to less than 1 percent of the content uploaded on YouTube.In a statement sent to CNET, a YouTube spokesperson said the platform wasn’t targeting alt-right videos.”We announced in January that we are reducing recommendations of borderline content or videos that could misinform users in harmful ways. We have not had a chance to thoroughly review this study, however, our recommendation systems are not designed to favor or demote specific misinformation based on specific political perspectives.”Speaking to CNET, Nicolas Suzor is looking for more transparency from YouTube regarding how and why certain videos are recommended.”It’s not good enough that we have to guess about how well these systems are working,” he said, “and our research can only observe from the outside. YouTube has done a lot to improve transparency about its terms of service enforcement on a high level over the last year, but they still need to do more to help people understand how their algorithms are operating.” YouTube 0 Post a comment Tags Digital Media Culture Share your voice
Posted in sqvgugxtTagged: 上海419论坛香草社区, 上海后花园419最新, 上海后龙凤论坛 localhost, 上海洗浴哪家好, 上海龙凤1314宝贝, 上海龙凤网址, 免费龙凤信息, 新419龙凤, 杭州娱乐地图lydt, 香草419论坛.