上海千花网,爱上海,上海419论坛 – Powered by Gregary Thayne!

Construction under way at the new Tupelo Music Hall in WRJ

Posted on by

first_imgConstruction is well under way at the new Tupelo Music Hall in White River Junction, and all systems are go for the grand opening performance on Friday, October 1. Scott Hayward, the owner of the venue, has also booked an ambitious and eclectic schedule of almost forty shows, already stretching into May of 2011.The grand opening weekend will kick off with Vermont favorites Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams followed on Saturday night by veteran folk-singer-songwriter Tom Paxton. On Sunday, Tupelo will host the awards presentation for the ‘First Upper Valley Owl Awards for Excellence,’ sponsored by The Complete Hoot, who has named Tupelo as co-sponsor.The music will continue at Tupelo with Marc Cohn (’Walking in Memphis,’ True Companion,’) on Tuesday, October 5, followed by the legendary Dave Mason on Saturday, October 9. The fall schedule will be rounded out with a wide variety of artists, including Paula Cole, Rusted Root, Judy Collins, Carbon Leaf, and many more.The complete schedule is available at www.tupelohall.com(link is external). Tickets are now on sale, also through the web site, for all Tupelo events.The new Tupelo will occupy 4000 square feet of space in the historic Boston and Maine Freight House on South Main Street in White River Junction. Since the space was previously sub-divided into four units, a large-scale refitting is now underway. Daniel Johnson of Watershed Studio Architecture of White River Junction assisted Hayward in designing the interior, a highlight of which will be the original wooden floor of the Freight House. The general contractor for the project is Home Partners, also of White River Junction.When the doors to Tupelo open, patrons will be treated to a warm and intimate environment and a listening experience unlike any other. The sound system, valued at almost $200,000, is a custom design by Scott Tkachuk of Rainbow Production Services of Atkinson, NH. The heart of the system is two stacks of MINA line array loudspeakers, designed specifically for smaller venues by Meyer Sound Laboratories of Berkeley, California, recognized as a world leader in sound reinforcement for theaters, touring, and concert halls. The installation at Tupelo will be the first anywhere in the world.In addition, a 1906-vintage Steinway grand piano, completely restored by Ed Bordelaux of Piano Arts of Hooksett, NH, will be a fixture at the new venue.Complete information on the new Tupelo Music Hall is on the venue’s web site. Tickets can also be ordered by phone at 802-698-8341. www.tupelohall.com(link is external)Source: Tupelo Music. 8.31.2010last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

Dillian Whyte vs Derek Chisora III? David Haye and Chisora offer services to fight Dillian Whyte at short-notice | Boxing News

Posted on by

first_img– Advertisement – 1:08 There were plenty of words exchanged between Whyte and Chisora at this face-off James Dielhenn Senior Boxing Journalist @JamesDielhenn There were plenty of words exchanged between Whyte and Chisora at this face-off 0:46 Highlights of the stunning first fight between Whyte and Chisora “I would take that fight. No bruises, ready to rock and roll,” Chisora told promoter Eddie Hearn on social media.He then aimed at Whyte: “I’m ready to go, donkey.”November 21 would be just three weeks after Chisora was outpointed by Usyk.But Whyte hit back at Chisora via social media, referencing the knockout he delivered in their second fight: “No you are not ready. You are trying to con the public. No one wants to see you go to sleep again.”Chisora’s manager Haye insisted: “His hands are good, no marks on his face, completely unscathed. He is ready to go for that third fight.“He is ready to fight anyone for the fans.”Haye told Sky Sports the day after Chisora’s defeat to Usyk: “He called me [Sunday] morning and said: ‘I want get straight back in there, I know that I can do better’.“There are some amazing options out there.“Dillian Whyte III? Who would not want to see that?“I can tell you for a fact – I was in both training camps for [the rematch with Whyte and then Usyk] and what Chisora did in training was significantly improved.” – Advertisement – – Advertisement – 1:05 Watch Whyte KO Chisora in their rematch center_img Highlights of the stunning first fight between Whyte and Chisora Bad-tempered rivals Dillian Whyte and Derek Chisora have already shared two gruelling fights; Chisora has offered to fight Whyte again on November 21; Whyte’s rematch with Alexander Povetkin was postponed; Povetkin hospitalised with Covid-19 but rematch is targeted for January 30 Last Updated: 04/11/20 10:11am Whyte and Chisora tension spilled over during The Gloves Are Off Whyte won a controversial split decision in his first fight against Chisora, then won their rematch with a vicious knockout.Chisora has already posted a mock poster on social media teasing a third battle alongside a quote from Nelson Mandela: “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.”Whyte’s rematch with Povetkin is being targeted for January 30.Dangerous Russian Povetkin, whose only defeats came against Wladimir Klitschko and Anthony Joshua, was twice on the canvas but recovered to dish out a brutal knockout of Whyte.That defeat cost Whyte his status as mandatory challenger to Tyson Fury’s WBC heavyweight championship – but he plans to regain it in a second fight with Povetkin.Povetkin’s promoter Andrey Ryabinskiy said: “There is no talk about changing the opponent at the moment. Povetkin will box with Whyte”. David Haye says Derek Chisora counts Dillian Whyte as a future option Watch Whyte KO Chisora in their rematch – Advertisement – David Haye says Derek Chisora counts Dillian Whyte as a future option Derek Chisora and his manager David Haye want him to step in to fight Dillian Whyte at just two-and-a-half weeks’ notice.Whyte’s rematch with Alexander Povetkin, scheduled for November 21, was postponed because the Russian has been hospitalised with Covid-19.Chisora, defeated by Oleksandr Usyk last weekend, immediately volunteered his services for a short-notice turnaround to renew acquaintances with his old foe Whyte. 0:40 Whyte and Chisora tension spilled over during The Gloves Are Off last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .

EU to open borders to ‘safe’ countries as pandemic accelerates

Posted on by

first_imgThe US, Russia and Brazil were among those expected not to make the selection, which will be updated every two weeks based on the safety situation in each state.With some 10.3 million known infections worldwide, the pandemic is “not even close to being over”, the World Health Organization has warned.”Although many countries have made some progress, globally the pandemic is actually speeding up,” WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Monday.In Europe, where infections have stabilized in many countries, the relaxation of lockdown measures is still touch-and-go as governments try to reboot economies facing historic recessions.  The European Union will reopen its borders to a select list of “safe countries” to be confirmed Tuesday, as the WHO warned the pandemic is still accelerating with more than 500,000 deaths worldwide.Europe’s piecemeal reopening comes as countries around the globe struggle to revive economic activity while battling new spikes of the virus, with hotspots still surging in Latin America and in the United States.After days of negotiations, EU member are due to finalize the list of some 15 countries, including Australia, Canada, Thailand, Japan and others, whose citizens will be free to enter the bloc starting on July 1. The UK, home to Europe’s deadliest outbreak, has already seen its worst quarterly contraction in 40 years, shrinking 2.2 percent from January-March.The worst is yet to come, with economists predicting a double-digit slump in output during the second quarter, placing Britain in a technical recession.Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday vowed to deliver a “infrastructure revolution” to help the country build its way out of the economic slump.In the meantime, his government is employing a “whack-a-mole” strategy of targeted lockdowns to snuff out the virus.While the government plans to reopen pubs, restaurants and hairdressers across England on July 4, schools and non-essential shops in Leicester, central England, have been ordered to close after a localized outbreak.Germany, which has been praised for its handling of the COVID-19 outbreak, also saw its North Rhine-Westphalia state extend a lockdown on a district hit hard by a slaughterhouse outbreak.And in Australia, a new spike in cases in parts of Melbourne spurred new stay-at-home measures affecting some 300,000 people.COVID-19 is still tearing across the US, particularly in southern and western states where leaders pushed for early reopenings.The country leads the world with more than 126,000 recorded deaths and 2.5 million cases.In Houston, Texans waited for hours in their cars to get tested in a state that has seen infection rates double since early June.Medical student Fernando Galvez, 24, joined the long line at 4 a.m.After seven hours of waiting, he hoped he could finally get a test after multiple failed attempts in recent days, despite his exhibiting symptoms—sore throat and chest tightness.The first day he tried to get a test, he arrived at 6:30 a.m. “There was no chance,” he said. “So here I am again.”Even in New York, deemed to be on the road to recovery, the iconic Broadway theater district announced it would remain closed until the end of the year.And the world-famous Cirque du Soleil troupe announced it was filing for bankruptcy protection and cutting thousands of jobs in a bid to survive the pandemic.With numerous US states forced to reimpose restrictions on restaurants, bars and beaches, US President Donald Trump has come under growing pressure to set an example by wearing a mask.Trump’s health secretary has warned the “window is closing” for the US to regain control, but the president has largely turned away from the crisis, holding indoor rallies with big, largely maskless crowds against the advice of his experts and refusing to cover his own face in public.And while opposition Democrats have urged Trump to reissue an emergency declaration on coronavirus, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said the president had “no interest” in doing so.The economy is expected to log its biggest decline on record in the April-June quarter, warned US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, adding that recovery would depend on government efforts to contain the outbreak.Topics :last_img read more

Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , .